Valley Dermatology Associates of Yakima is seeking a professional and enthusiastic Appointment Scheduler with occasional reception coverage. Clear effective communication is a cornerstone of this position requiring the balance of assertiveness delivered in a polite respectful tone when necessary. The qualified candidate must bring a level of excellence, medical knowledge and compassion while working at a level of professionalism that promotes confidence in the experience from the initial patient call through the end of every office visit. Applicants shall be detail-oriented, have excellent problem-solving skills, top notch customer service etiquette and dedication.
The employees of Valley Dermatology Associates bring a level of excellence, ever evolving knowledge, professionalism, compassion, service, and satisfactory evidence-based based care to all. We strive to develop and maintain strong relationships with those seeking care and rely on the continual respect paired with the trust that is imparted on our clinic by the healthcare providers in our community.
Core Functions included but not limited to:
· Greet and provide exceptional customer service demonstrating exceptional care for the community from start to finish. Speaking clearly and concisely.
· Verifying insurance coverage, accurately input vital patient information, other general medical reception duties as needed.
· Screen phone calls, take messages, provide information, and perform basic triage calls to ensure proper routing and urgency. Direct calls to the appropriate staff member or department when needed.
· Schedule appointments following specific guidelines using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Manage messages received by auto attendant or email and return scheduling requests.
· Retrieve and sort incoming fax information and distribute appropriately.
· Ability to perform multiple duties and manage occasional pressure due to multiple phone lines, provider schedules and demand of the position.
· Perform related tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to staff, vendors, patients and the general public. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
COMPOSURE: Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control during difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions. Requires high level of concentration, focus, and use of memory. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
ORGANIZATION: Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately. Above normal levels of concentration and memory required. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting and standing for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching when necessary. Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 60wpm, operate a calculator, telephone, copier, computer, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for patient and telephone contact. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long period of time and work in an environment that can be stressful at times.
High school graduate or GED
1-year minimum medical office experience required
Experience in medical reception/scheduling required
Knowledge of common health insurance types, procedures and codes strongly preferred
To apply, please email your cover letter here