Our Community and Charities
Valley Dermatology is a well-established practice that has provided general and surgical dermatology care to the citizens of the Yakima Valley for over 20 years. We continue to build on the legacy of long-standing, trust-based, relationships cultivated with our patients, while reaching out and participating in the care of newly acquired patients.
Valley Dermatology takes our commitment to caring for our community beyond the walls of our offices. Each year we select a couple of charities to help in our community. We collect donations in our office directly from our staff and from the community, on behalf of an organization that we feel strongly about. Read below to discover current and past charities we have helped, and learn how you can help!
Every year during the holiday season, we support 1-2 charities. We collect donations, raise money, and awareness to help local charities.
Below are the charities that we are helping out this holiday season, and you can stop by our office to drop off any supplies listed below!
Collecting Donations for the Yakima Humane Society
The Yakima Humane Society is committed to ending animal suffering and cruelty, reducing animal overpopulation, and educating the public regarding responsible pet ownership, while promoting community kindness and commitment to their welfare.
What you can donate:
- Laundry Detergent (we sometimes do more than 500 pounds of laundry per day)
- Bath Towels
- Cat Litter (non-clumping)
- Chewy Dog Treats
- Cat and Dog Toys
- Lint Rollers (sticky paper kind)
- Paper Towels
- Cat and Dog Beds
Collecting Donations for Rod’s House
Rod’s House builds authentic connections with young people, supports them in feeling respected and secure in who they are, empowers them to reach their full potential, and positively connects them to the community.
What you can donate:
- NEW socks and underwear! We go through these items – especially for men – incredibly quickly.
- Breakfast food! We are currently operating our Winter Weather Shelter where we serve a hot breakfast everyday.
- Winter gear! Blankets, hand warmers, boots, and other items to help keep our young people warm during the coldest months of the year.
- Hygiene items! We distribute hundreds of hygiene kits to young people all year. We need full size and travel-size!
Success stories coming soon!